School of Rock the Musical
The film blew your mind. The musical conquered Broadway.
And now London will learn how to rock.
Based on the hit movie, this ass-kicking new musical follows dropout Dewey Finn, a failed rock star forced to earn some extra cash by posing as a teacher at a prestigious prep school. But Dewey isn’t going to teach them algebra or arithmetic, oh no. These kids are going to learn what it takes to become the most awesome rock n’ roll band of all time! But can his new group win the Battle of the Bands without being schooled by their parents and headmistress, or will Dewey have to face the music?
With a new score from Andrew Lloyd Webber, lyrics by Glenn Slater, book by Julian Fellowes and an incredible cast of kids shredding guitars, pounding drums and rocking out live, School of Rock is a pop-tastic treat for all ages. You are invited to tune your air guitar, raise you rock salute and discover the show that hits all the right notes.
Age Recommendation 5+
Please note that School of Rock contains occasional strong language and may not be suitable for very young children.
All persons entering the theatre, regardless of age, must have a ticket. Babes-in-arms are not admitted to the auditorium. All children must be old enough to occupy their own seats.
Warning: Please be advised that smoke effects and strobe lights are used during this performance.
Leading the way as wannabe rock star Dewey Finn is Gary Trainor, who will be joined by adult leads Florence Andrews as Rosalie Mullins, Oliver Jackson as Ned Schneebly, Preeya Kalidas will play Patty Di Marco and Gary Trainor as the alternate Dewey.
The three teams of talented young performers for the show were found through a nationwide search, resulting in the casting of 39 talented performers alternating in the following roles:
- Zack: Tom Abisgold, Toby Lee and Jake Slack
- Freddy: Bailey Cassell, Jude Harper-Wrobel and Noah Key
- Lawrence: Giles Carden, Oscar Francisco and James Lawson
- Katie: Selma Hansen, Lois Jenkins and Sophia Pettit
- Summer: Isabelle Methven, Lucy Simmonds and Eva Trodd
- Marcy: Madeleine Haynes, Leah Levman and Natasha Raphael
- Shonelle: Jaydah Bell-Ricketts, Shoshana Ezequiel and Ameila Poggenpoel
- Sophie: Lola Moxom, Mia Roberts and Grace Schneider
- Tomika: Nicole Dube, Amma Ris and Adithi Sujith
- Billy: Jobe Hart, Joshua Vaughan and Logan Walmsley
- Mason: Presley Charman, Lucas Chow and Ben Dawson
- James: Bradley Bissett, Denzel Eboji and Sonny Kirby
- Matthew: Zac Dowlatshahi, Harry Egerton and Jacob Swann
Please note: the appearance of any particular artist cannot be guaranteed and is subject to illness and holidays.
Make your theatre visit unforgettable
Treat your loved ones to a theatre trip they won’t forget with our Family Experience at School of Rock the Musical. Based on the iconic, hit film, enjoy the new fantastic musical from the best seats in the house with your pre-show drink, interval ice-creams and confectionary to share - all organised before you visit!